015 New Standard Garage premises, dock Road c. 1970s
The Standard Garage, 9 Thomas Street pictured in the 1930s.
The garage is mentioned in the 1905 Business Directory and the last mention of the garage on this street was in 1969. The Standard was one of the main garages in Limerick and transferred business to a spacious forecourt on the Dock Road c. 1970. The men pictured are Michael O’Doherty, left, Josie Ward and Paddy Kelly.
On Page 15 is the Standard Garage pictured in their new premises on the Dock Road,
Picture Page 14: Courtesy Kitty Hayes and Maureen Halpin