Bishop Street/St. Mary's Playground
St. Mary’s Playground on the Island Road, (known as the Tanyard Playground) was opened c. 1948 and was the source of great entertainment for the local residents for many years. The building across the way was home to Jim and Laura O’Donovan and their family. Spratt’s Shop is now occupying the house. It was discontinued as a playground more than 30 years ago and houses now occupy the site.
Sean Curtin, Limerick, a Stroll Down Memory Lane